Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Goal setting techniques needn’t be a chore.  If you are passionate about changing the circumstances in your life and carving out a compelling an fulfilling lifestyle that you  have previously only dreamed about then its crucial to find the fastest and most direct route to get there.

Some years back as a newbie goal setter I came upon a goal setting system offered by personal development guru that was cumbersome, confusing, and in the end brought me to tears.  What I wanted was a few simple steps that I could apply in my life in an instant so that I can begin to to achieve immediate results.

What I discovered is that I didn’t need a fancy system or method for setting and achieving my heartfelt goals.  If you want a fast, simple, and more importantly effective goal setting method, all you need is a piece of paper and a written response to the five following goal setting steps:
  1. Know exactly what you want.  Knowing what you want is like the key that starts the engine of your success mobile. Knowing what you want gives you clarity, direction and a purpose.
  2. Write it down.  Writing your goal down on paper does several things but in a nutshell it lets your conscious and subconscious mind know that your serious. “Hey guys,” it says, “take a look at this! The boss wrote it down! This is important.”
  3. Attach a reasonable deadline to your goal.  A goal set without a deadline is a dream.  Here is an example of how I attach deadlines to my goals that you may find helpful to you.  Before my written goal I write the following: “On or before date/month/year . . .”
  4. Break your goal down into doable steps.  Personal development great Anthony Robbins calls this “chunking it down.”  I call this the “pizza pie” technique.  You cant (well at least I cant) sit down and eat a large, gooey, cheesy, pizza all in one bite.  You take it slice by slice.  Break your goal down into smaller steps.
  5. Take effective action everyday.  This is where you take your broken down goal steps and go for it.  If you want to succeed in life you must take action and do what you need to do to get from where you are to where you want to be. 
Effective goal setting is an easy process and achievement of your goals begins when you follow the five simple techniques of goal setting presented above.  So go for it! Get your piece of paper out today, write down what you want, give it a deadline, break it up into steps, and go out there and make it happen!

##
Copyright 2012, by Dardarji. All rights reserved. If you would like some additional information on self improvement, meditation, and spirituality go to http://www.transformationalspirituality.com/ to down load free ebooks, mp3's, and other resources. Like us on Facebook!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Bookmark Us

Delicious Digg Facebook Favorites More Stumbleupon Twitter